The smart meter rollout will pave the way for new services
With digitalization shaking up the energy market, the traditional role of energy providers is undergoing a profound change. This will give rise to a host of new and disruptive opportunities, extending far beyond the statutory rollout of smart metering systems. Get ready now to capitalize on these openings for a host of new services that will cut right across traditional market and industry boundaries!
New services: four focal areas you should get to know
What IoT use cases will enable energy providers and meter operators to capitalize on the new smart metering infrastructure and thereby develop new services and business models to generate additional revenue streams?
We put this question to numerous experts in German-speaking countries, ranging from meter operators and energy providers to energy consultants and gateway manufacturers.
What will you find out in our energy IoT white paper?
- The opportunities experts envision through the new metering infrastructure. These insights are gathered into four topical clusters.
- Five trends you should know about if you are now looking for new services and business models.
- Find out how a new business model evolves and what key factors ensure its success.
- Agile work methods are becoming increasingly important. We present different methods and give you some tips on what to look out for.
- Take a look at the practical road map we have drawn up for your journey from energy provider to marketplace operator.