Bosch and the Internet of Things
Spearheading the Internet of Things
In creating Bosch Software Innovations, the Bosch Group took an early strategic step forward into the connected future. The leading international provider of technology and services acquired 'Innovations Software Technology' in 2008 and 'inubit' in 2011, which furnished it with core technologies on business rules and business process management, a first in the context of the Internet of Things.
Today, these software products are part of the Bosch IoT Suite, supplemented by device management and big data processing.
Why choose Bosch Software Innovations?
- An innovative software platform that covers all core IoT requirements
- A pool of software and project know-how for IoT solutions in industry, logistics, (electro-)mobility, and energy
- Systems expertise for connecting software, hardware, and enterprise systems in our customers’ industry environments
- Global system integrator partnerships with HCL Technologies, Infosys Ltd, TATA Consultancy Services, and Tech Mahindra
- Technology partners: MongoDB, Vodafone, Escrypt, and KNIME
- Memberships:the Industrial Internet Consortium, Arbeitskreis Industrie 4.0, M2M Alliance, and Eclipse Foundation
- Joint research ventures: acatech, BITKOM, Fraunhofer, Hasso Plattner Institute, and the University of St. Gallen
Bosch in the Internet of Things
- World market leader in sensor technology:
More than one billion MEMS sensors were shipped in 2013. Bosch holds more than 1,000 patents and patent applications related to MEMS technology (microelectromechanical systems).
- Connected products and new business models:
In Bosch’s vision of the future, each of its electronic products is web-enabled. It already offers numerous connected products as well as new services and apps. The focus of these activities stays true to the Bosch motto "Invented for Life" – innovations should be in people’s interest.
- Bosch already has extensive expertise in hardware and software:
Who will take the lead in the Internet of Things? IT companies or those that are experts in "things"? Bosch is well-established in both worlds: creating reliable products of superior quality that already contain a good amount of software. With its IoT platform, Bosch Software Innovations complements the core competence in the Internet of Things: connecting users, business partners, devices, machines, and enterprise systems with each other.
- Lead user and supplier in Industry 4.0:
Bosch is currently realizing and testing use cases for Industry 4.0 in some 100 pilot projects. With over 260 production plants around the world, Bosch has extensive production know-how, stretching from the manufacturing of millions of automotive components to the customized manufacturing of packaging machinery.
- Smart mobility solutions: more safety and convenience on the road:
Bosch ensures the continued viability of individual mobility: clean and economical, safe and comfortable.
- The Bosch Group is an energy market pioneer:
For many years, the Bosch Group has successfully developed and marketed pioneering solutions. These can be harnessed by the energy industry in multiple fields, including electromobility, wind energy, thermotechnology, storage technology, and building technology.