OSGi-based gateway middleware stack
Based on open standards and open APIs, our ProSyst Gateway Software provides out-of-the-box support for most connectivity protocols.
You can connect almost any asset, device, or thing – from any vendor or vintage – via our ProSyst Gateway Software. By supporting a great variety of protocols out of the box, we help make things web-enabled from end to end.
Our software makes it possible to operate local applications on the gateway – even without an internet connection. It also makes your IoT business future-proof: once you integrate a device, it will be compatible with all current and all future applications. And thanks to ideal backend software, our Remote Manager, gateways can be managed and monitored remotely.
Features of our ProSyst Gateway Software at a glance
- Includes ProSyst’s own OSGi-certified, low-footprint implementation compliant with OSGi release versions 4.2, 4.3, and 5.0
- HGI SWEX (software modularity) compliant and tested
- Optimized for use in embedded products such as gateways / hub devices
- Provides a remote management agent based on TR-069 and TR-157, incl. service and application lifecycle management
- Includes home network connectivity support: incl. Z-Wave, ZigBee, DECT, BLE, wMBUS, EnOcean, UPnP, KNX, X10, HomeMatic, web cameras, etc.
- Comes with integrated device abstraction layer (DAL)
- Provides scalable automation rules engine for scripted automation scenarios (scenario manager)
- Includes integrated web server and web framework for rich web-based interfaces
- Comes with sophisticated resource management support, enhancing runtime robustness and reliability
- Provides update and restart manager
- Includes intelligent, extensible native watchdog agent
- Ported and optimized for many JVMs and OSs such as Linux or Android
- Comes with rich remote-access capabilities (Java, JCA, JMS, web services such as SOAP or REST, JSON-RPC)
- Includes web-based administration application and CLI interface locally, either via Telnet or from within Eclipse
- Provides platform, application & service lifecycle management
- Supports remote installation, updating, uninstallation, configuration, monitoring, and diagnostics – all on the fly
Software development kit for ProSyst Gateway Software
SDK based on the Eclipse IDE
- Contains mBProfiler, an Eclipse plug-in: assists developers in improving the efficiency of applications by exploring different aspects of the performance of a Java program, associated with JVM’s consumption of available platform resources (CPU, memory, and threads)
- Contains mToolkit, an Eclipse plug-in: a collection of convenient tools for deploying and managing OSGi-compliant bundles and applications on OSGi runtimes straight from within the Eclipse Workbench
- Contains the Target Platforms Store, an Eclipse plug-in: adds several target platforms to the Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment, which hold the APIs and services available in the OSGi runtime
- Includes a ProSyst Gateway Software runtime
- Includes an OSGi Runtime Validator for testing / validating the functional and non-functional conformance of your OSGi platform
- Platform APIs can be plugged in at any time
- Target Image Descriptors: represent a set of pre-defined OSGi runtime images containing the functional components for the most common production-related use cases. Developers can use the image descriptors to generate an operational runtime and deploy it on devices, to emulate a runtime on a PC, or to design their own images based on the pre-defined ones.
- Development against mature, standardized APIs