Access customer production systems using the Remote Service Manager
What are the benefits of the Remote Service Manager?
Once the system platform has been implemented, new machines and IT systems can be incorporated at any time, even if made by different manufacturers.
Optimized maintenance services
Boost the efficiency and quality of maintenance services without the need for a site visit
Rapid error diagnosis and fault correction
Real-time tech support
Real-time support for commissioning, functional testing, and system diagnostics
Prompt installation of new machine and equipment software
Secure data storage
Safeguarding of current machine and equipment configurations in case of any disruptions or breakdowns
An open and integrated solution for remote services
When customers require after-sales service, they expect their problem to be solved with minimum delay. Secure remote access allows machine manufacturers and maintenance providers to provide services remotely, while offering their customers ideal maintenance support.
The Remote Service Manager is just the right system platform for designing efficient remote services. By using state-of-the-art IT security standards, it enables you to support your customers via remote access to their machinery and equipment. You can assist them as issues occur as well as during installation and maintenance. A rapid, reliable, and hassle-free solution, the Remote Service Manager’s open interfaces allow it to be integrated seamlessly into your existing IT system landscape. This means that you can continue working with your existing systems.
A sophisticated security strategy ensures that you can offer your customers remote services that comply with the most stringent security standards.
- Use of virtual machines: Remote access is established using a virtual machine that is created for each individual service request. This ensures that malicious software cannot infect the machinery, equipment, connected PCs, or mobile terminals. The virtual machine also prevents the theft or misuse of machine data. A further advantage of virtual machines is that your service technicians always have the latest version of relevant software tools available.J13
- Security zones: Remote access is established across different security zones, each of which requires separate authorization. This state-of-the-art approach prevents unauthorized access to the Remote Service Manager and, as a result, to connected machinery and equipment.
- Sophisticated authentication management: Your customers remain in charge of their systems and equipment, with permanent control over the times and extent to which remote access is granted. The system platform can be configured in such a way that only the customer can set up connections. In other words, remote access to the machinery and equipment is not possible without the customer’s explicit authorization.
Seamless integration into your business IT and machine environment
The Remote Service Manager is highly flexible in terms of its integration capabilities. To avoid island solutions, it can be integrated seamlessly into your existing business IT landscape. For your employees, the ability to operate the Remote Service Manager using the functionalities of your existing systems – such as ticketing or ERP systems – means that they can quickly adapt to using the Remote Service Manager.
Connecting distributed machinery and equipment is easy and straightforward. A router at the customer’s site handles the connections to your systems. You are free to choose the network technology that suits you best – be it internet, M2M, or ISDN.
How do you benefit from the Remote Service Manager?
Increase the efficiency and quality of your maintenance services. With the Remote Service Manager, you can troubleshoot your customers’ problems at any time and from anywhere. The speed and simplicity with which you are able to handle service requests will help you increase customer satisfaction while optimizing the deployment of resources for maintenance work. Using these same resources, you will be able to serve more customers and offer additional services.
Once the system platform has been implemented, new manufacturing equipment and IT systems can be incorporated at any time. The Remote Service Manager is capable of integrating machines, routers, and systems from different vendors.
Remote services: Optimum support for your customers
- Commissioning and functional testing of machinery and equipment
- Remote data access, error diagnosis, and fault correction
- Installation of new machinery and equipment software as well as setting of parameters
- Monitoring and machine control
New services for Industry 4.0
A secure permanent or cyclic connection allows you to collect data from machinery and equipment. This data can then be supplied to software applications that monitor the status of machines.